FOR DAILY VIDEOS
Five miles south of Tel Aviv and near Ben Gurion airport is Israel’s modern day version of Anatevka, complete with agricultural fields, milk cows, numerous educational institutions, more than 8,000 Chasidic Jews, and the headquarters of Habad-Lubavitch in Israel.
Established in 1948 by Chabad Chasidim who escaped from Russia via Poland after the war, Kfar Chabad (Chabad Village) –then a desolate patch of land known as Safaria—is 70 years later an unusual village where the old seems undisturbed by the dynamic growth and modernization that abounds.
Along with the population surge comes a full array of services and stores: two full medical clinics, several grocery stores, clothing, and hardware stores, fish, produce, computers, jewelry, dry cleaning, three book stores and five Judaica centers. Kosher food is plenty; the Kfar offers 3 restaurants, a pizza place, falafel stand, and a burger eatery.